review: the ocean at the end of the lane



I spontaneously decided to read this because it's quite short and I've been meaning to try out books by Neil Gaiman. Mann, I've never read anything like this. I didn't quite enjoy the plot, but the overall story was hauntingly good and i absolutely love the writing. I'm rating this 4.2 out of 5!

I decided to underline my favourite quotes with a pen and dog ear those pages. It seemed like some days i would want to come across those words again, so i just did it. The first few chapters made me miss my childhood deeply, even though for the main character it's been 40 years and for me its only been less than a decade. It's still scarily relatable. The other quotes i loved were about life and growing up and just all these nice deep things that make you feel understood.

I'm not a big fan of the creepy paranormal/magical elements of the book, but it did make me realise how much ive let my own imagination falter. The fact that i wasnt comfortable with reading illogical things in reality makes me sad, because it made me feel like ive grown up to be a boring adult. Idk maybe thats just me. But i appreciated that Gaiman wrote this and made me realise that.

Anyway i would definitely want to read more from Gaiman for his incredible writing. I'd recommend this one for anyone who wants to ponder on their life a little :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Kamalia Hasni's books on Goodreads
An Ocean of Grey An Ocean of Grey
reviews: 71
ratings: 151 (avg rating 4.40)

A Wave of Dreams A Wave of Dreams
reviews: 14
ratings: 30 (avg rating 4.43)

Booktube